Since I'm getting my Masters degree now, I'm not working in industry at the moment; instead, I spend my time at the Media Lab. But this page has some information on the work I did before I joined the Lab.
I was most recently a Journal Developer at HighWire Press. This means that I put together and maintained several journal sites. I did this by using Perl, XML, HighWire's homegrown templating language, and a dash of optimism.
Here are some sites I worked on:
And here are some of the great people (and pups!) I worked with.
Previous (non-academic*) jobs I've had:
- Simulation Software Engineer at AuSIM (2001)
- Developed interactive, real-time 3D audio simulation
- Completed contract work for NASA, including: tracker-computer communication, unwarp filter, visualization tools (C, C++, MATLAB)
- Developed interactive OpenGL applications
- Responsible for dealing with mathematical challenges of 3D sound simulation
- Represented company at SIGGRAPH graphics conference in Los Angeles
- Technical Intern at Rockwell Science Center (2000)
One of three principal developers of AWARE project, a web-based weather briefing and reporting tool for general aviation pilots:
- Helped design, implement, and test Bayesian network (Java, Hugin)
- Created interface with Oracle database (Java, SQL)
- Constructed decision analysis display and user interface (Java)
- AWARE team achieved Gold Rating from Rockwell for its outstanding technical accomplishments that summer
*A good deal of my work experience has been in academic environments. More on that here.